Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Showdown

I am a Ted Dekker fan...Sorry if I am boring you with updates from his books, but I am in a phase where he is all I want to read.

I just finished Showdown, a beautiful story about 37 boys who grow up in a monastery, shielded from the evil of the outside world.  Evil, however, is powerful and makes its way inside the monastery.  It is only through great sacrifice that good comes out of the evil.

Ted, has an amazing way of telling story, but also telling the truth of the gospel.  I love that.  I love truth.  Currently I am reading Sinner, another book by Dekker that builds off Showdown.

Friends, this is the first time in my life I can honestly say that I have been so INTO one author.  I feel like I am really getting to know him through his books.  Let yourself go into a good author sometime - it is a really cool feeling.

Love you and keep reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment