Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Hero of Ages

I spent the last part of my evening talking with my father-in-law.  We had just finished putting together a bunk bed for my boys.  By "we" I mean he put it together and I helped put it into the corner of the room at the end.  As we sat around the island in my kitchen we were chatting about all the many pieces that it took to put the bed together.  There were hundreds!!  He then picked up my book The Hero of Ages and asked if it was good.  I laughed into just how incredible the series (Mistborn) has been and how I am loving this final book.  It clicked to me thinking about just how many pieces go into writing a trilogy.  All the little details, the characters, the descriptions of the setting and all the sensory details that make the book really pop.  I smiled and then spent the next two hours reading.  I love books.  Happy reading friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment