Friday, September 19, 2014

Two Books

Sorry I haven't posted much this week - I have been doing quite a bit of reading...both personal and for school (I collected journals from my seniors and have been reading them).

Book 1 - FOUR

Loved it!  It is the final book in the Divergent series.  Basically, it goes through the life of the character named Four.  His choosing ceremony, his training in Dauntless, his refusal of leadership, and his introduction to Tris are all written about.  It was very fun to to scenes I read about in the Trilogy from a different perspective.  It really made me think about my life and how the people i interact with may walk away from a shared experience with a very different take on it.  Hmmmm...

Book 2 - Stargirl

Also a fantastic read.  The story is about a girl who transfers into a high school and is completely herself (weird to all the other students).  She rises to popularity and falls to outcast.  She tries to fit in and reverts back to who she is.  In the end she is a hero but at the cost of no longer attending the school.  I am excited to read the sequel - Love, Stargirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment